John Stark students get close look at forensics
"But what really made me excited was when the medical examiner came to school and talked to us about all the things that go into his job," said Holmes. "I was thinking about majoring in forensics, but that really solidified it for me."
"We are so fortunate to have the leading expert in New Hampshire lecture to our classes," said Brady. "The students typically find him to be a great blend — he's informative, interesting and funny."
"I've always been strong in science and math, and when I watched the show "CSI" and took the forensics classes in high school, I knew this is definitely what I wanted to do in my future," said Laramee. "I loved the hands-on work that Mrs. Brady let us do, and I loved being in the lab."
Holmes may be following in Laramee's footsteps. She's already been accepted into the forensics program at the University of New Haven, her top choice school.
"I know that I have been successful with my students when they come in and complain that I have ruined the TV show "CSI" for them; they can no longer just watch it because they find themselves analyzing the evidence and character's choices," said Brady. "They're using the critical thinking skills they learned in class."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 3
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 18
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 10
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus