Home » News » Public Safety
Fire destroys mobile home, wooden rooster collection
LaBraney was at his trailer at 15 Hill Road on Wednesday with his girlfriend, sitting on the couch watching television.
"Then she smelled smoke," LaBraney said, declining to name his girlfriend.
"We pulled everything away from the walls, and we found the back of the couch was smoking, and there was an outlet looked like it was smoking," he said.
LaBraney called 911 and both fled the home, unhurt.
By the time the fire department arrived, the small, older-model trailer was a complete loss, said Fire Department Capt. Bruce Goldthwaite.
"We believe the fire was caused by an electrical problem, it is not suspicious," Goldthwaite said.
LaBraney said he and his girlfriend feel lucky to be alive, and are glad a relative is providing them with a temporary home.
But he is worried because he didn't have the trailer insured.
On Friday, he walked through the charred remains of the trailer. A flat-screen television was melted. The furniture was ruined, the windows broken, and the building reeked of ash and smoke.
"I don't know what I'm going to do, I had no insurance, and I lost everything here," he said.
Of prime concern seemed to be his girlfiend's woodeb rooster collection.
"She spent her whole life collecting those, and they're all trashed," he said, dropping a charred wooden rooster on the floor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gunfire from police range disturbs Plaistow neighbors - 1
- Cause of Ashland fire investigated - 0
- Keene mobile home destroyed by fire, two firefighters injured - 0
- Police ID man who killed himself in Manchester park - 0
- Late-night fire damages Ashland home - 0
- Gilmanton considers 'boot drive' ordinance - 0
- Man dies in I-89 collision - 1
- Police officer, driver injured in New Durham crash - 0
- Auburn patrolman hit by car returns to duty - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow town planner arrested on forgery, fraud charges - 1
- Nashua man charged as drug enterprise leader; three others also arrested - 1
- Unlicensed employees cost Concord financial firm $100,000 - 0
- Woman killed in Nashua crash - 0
- Weare residents turn out to discuss police department concerns - 1
- Manchester, Uber headed for a collision over taxi regulations? - 15
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Defense is Lions' weapon - 0
- UNH Notebook: Outright league title on UNH's agenda - 1
- NHIAA D-III Football Championship: Back to school in Newport - 0
Former mayor makes pitch for commuter rail
Shaheen, Ayotte split on Keystone vote
More details, photos emerge on man accused of murdering parents and burning down their home
Premiums drop, so do subsidies for Obamacare
VA wait times: They are still bad
King Obama: Creating a constitutional crisis
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Will the past be prologue in the State House with 'O'Brien II?'
20141120-FairPoint warns of mobile picketing as union brings protest to customer doorsteps