Home » News » Public Safety
Fire destroys mobile home, wooden rooster collection
LaBraney was at his trailer at 15 Hill Road on Wednesday with his girlfriend, sitting on the couch watching television.
"Then she smelled smoke," LaBraney said, declining to name his girlfriend.
"We pulled everything away from the walls, and we found the back of the couch was smoking, and there was an outlet looked like it was smoking," he said.
LaBraney called 911 and both fled the home, unhurt.
By the time the fire department arrived, the small, older-model trailer was a complete loss, said Fire Department Capt. Bruce Goldthwaite.
"We believe the fire was caused by an electrical problem, it is not suspicious," Goldthwaite said.
LaBraney said he and his girlfriend feel lucky to be alive, and are glad a relative is providing them with a temporary home.
But he is worried because he didn't have the trailer insured.
On Friday, he walked through the charred remains of the trailer. A flat-screen television was melted. The furniture was ruined, the windows broken, and the building reeked of ash and smoke.
"I don't know what I'm going to do, I had no insurance, and I lost everything here," he said.
Of prime concern seemed to be his girlfiend's woodeb rooster collection.
"She spent her whole life collecting those, and they're all trashed," he said, dropping a charred wooden rooster on the floor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Firefighters battle intense body shop fire in Derry - 1
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Widow of murdered Rumney chiropractor says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 0
- U.S. hits Islamic State south of Baghdad in first strike under new Obama orders - 0
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
20140915-Adam Sandler reflects on his and Chris Farley’s firing from ‘SNL': ‘It hurt a lot’
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats