'Eddie' Burtt's loved ones gather in Epping to say goodbye
Family and friends gathered at the Burtt family farm in Epping on Friday for the funeral of Edward "Eddie" Burtt, who died Jan. 22 after a period of failing health.
The service for the 85-year-old retired logger, heavy equipment operator, and former Marine was held in the kitchen of the old farmhouse where his son Dana now resides. Burtt's son Walter lives in Australia and was unable to attend the funeral, but he built his father's casket and shipped it by freight from Australia to New Hampshire.
After the service, the casket was carried outside and loaded onto a sled, where two steers led by another son, Peter, pulled him through the field to his final resting place in the family cemetery on the farm.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.