Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Rochester police allegedly find shotgun and marijuana growing in local home this week
ROCHESTER – After receiving a tip, police arrested a Lafayette Street man Thursday afternoon for allegedly growing marijuana.
Devon Smith, 22, of 7A Lafayette St., was charged with felony manufacture of a controlled drug and misdemeanor possession of property without a serial number.
Acting on the tip, which came from an undisclosed source, police performed a “knock and talk” at 3 p.m. and later obtained a search warrant.
As a result, “multiple marijuana plants and growing paraphernalia were seized” along with a “sawed off shot gun with the serial numbers obliterated,” according to police.
While Sgt. Anthony Deluca couldn't provide many details, he said police allegedly found marijuana plants growing in the home. He added “more charges are expected.”
Following his arrest, Smith refused bail. At his arraignment Saturday morning, bail was set at $10,000 cash. He continues to be held in Strafford County Jail in Dover.
Possession of property without a serial number is a Class A misdemeanor, which could result in up to a year in jail.
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917