Home » News » Public Safety
Police say victim of fatal Keene accident was going 100 mph
A car crash on Route 12A in Keene earlier this month in which a 37-year-old Surry man was killed has been blamed on the dead man driving at excessive speeds, in excess of 100 miles-per-hour, police said.
A report on the Jan. 9 accident released Sunday by Keene police says Glenn Fassett of Surrey was driving at more than 100 mph when he lost control of the car. The 2009 Nissan Versa spun out of control and crossed into the opposite side of the road, colliding with a Ford Bronco. The force of the impact caused Fassett to be thrown from his car. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the Bronco, Kaanan Kain, 24, of Alstead, was treated at Cheshire Medical Center.
Police said it was unclear where Fassett had been or why he was driving so fast at the time of the wreck.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Cause of $1.4 million house fire in Plainfield remains unknown - 0
- Injured dirt bike rider in ICU - 0
- Woman who jumped in front of Amtrak train identified - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Franklin convenience store damaged by fire - 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- UPDATED: Bail set at $20,000 for Holiday Inn Express robbery suspect - 1
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- UPDATED: Regulators OK 47 percent rate hike for Liberty Utilities customers - 13
- Nashua man facing numerous assault charges in attack on woman - 0
- After flap over 'racist' comment, no call for Lincoln planner to resign from board - 17
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 1
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 4
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 28
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser