Home » News » Public Safety
Police say victim of fatal Keene accident was going 100 mph
A car crash on Route 12A in Keene earlier this month in which a 37-year-old Surry man was killed has been blamed on the dead man driving at excessive speeds, in excess of 100 miles-per-hour, police said.
A report on the Jan. 9 accident released Sunday by Keene police says Glenn Fassett of Surrey was driving at more than 100 mph when he lost control of the car. The 2009 Nissan Versa spun out of control and crossed into the opposite side of the road, colliding with a Ford Bronco. The force of the impact caused Fassett to be thrown from his car. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the Bronco, Kaanan Kain, 24, of Alstead, was treated at Cheshire Medical Center.
Police said it was unclear where Fassett had been or why he was driving so fast at the time of the wreck.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorist struck by car while changing tire on I-93 in Londonderry - 1
- Man, 60, found dead in burned Manchester apartment building; 1-year-old boy rescued - 1
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 1
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 35
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 14
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 25
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Notebook: Ground game is Stony Brook's rock - 0
- The debut of the 'The $30,000 Nutt' - 0
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Drew Cline: Two weeks before the election, no one is talking about guns - 1
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 3
- Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash - 0
- Obamacare takes center stage at 1st Congressional debate - 2
- NHIAA Field Hockey Roundup: Londonderry edges Central - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Brummett spurs Derryfield - 0
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen