Home » News » Public Safety
Driver flees after running truck off I-93 in Manchester
Police are looking for a driver who drove a pickup truck off Interstate 93 south in Manchester and then took off, leaving state troopers with a trail of footprints that disappeared in the highway's high speed lane.
State police said the crash happened just before 7 p.m. Saturday night. The truck crashed through the center median guard rail and ran off the road, ending up in a small creek about 75 feet off the highway.
When state police arrived, they found the truck, but there was no driver with it. A single set of footprints led away from the scene. Troopers followed tracks, but they disappeared in the breakdown lane adjacent to the median strip.
The accident forced traffic to use just one lane of the highway while the guardrail was replaced. Police are seeking the person who was driving the 2004 gray Chevrolet Colorado pickup with Massachusetts plates. Anyone who has information about the crash is asked to call State Police in Bedford at 603-223-4381
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 12
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'