Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
UPDATED: Woman stabbed 16 times at Bear Brook State Park, police say
Samantha Heath, 18, of Barnstead was arrested late Sunday night after she ran out a rear door of a Barnstead home as police arrived on the scene and was tracked down by a state police K-9, according to Allenstown police Lt. Mike Stark.
The woman who was stabbed underwent surgery at Concord Hospital and this morning is in stable condition, Stark said. Her name is not being released because police have yet to notify her family.
Investigators learned of the stabbing just after 9 p.m. Sunday in a 911 call reporting a woman, age 18 or 19, had been stabbed multiple times at Deerfield and New Rye roads near Bear Brook State Park.
Stark said a vehicle was involved in the incident and that police tracked one vehicle to a Barnstead address.
He said the women know each other and the stabbing is not a random event.
Heath is expected to be arraigned Monday afternoon in 6th Circuit Court, Hooksett District Division. She has been charged with first-degree assault.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
The U.S. is a beacon still
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
Red Sox' Holt has All-Star history
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917