Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
UPDATED: Woman stabbed 16 times at Bear Brook State Park, police say
Samantha Heath, 18, of Barnstead was arrested late Sunday night after she ran out a rear door of a Barnstead home as police arrived on the scene and was tracked down by a state police K-9, according to Allenstown police Lt. Mike Stark.
The woman who was stabbed underwent surgery at Concord Hospital and this morning is in stable condition, Stark said. Her name is not being released because police have yet to notify her family.
Investigators learned of the stabbing just after 9 p.m. Sunday in a 911 call reporting a woman, age 18 or 19, had been stabbed multiple times at Deerfield and New Rye roads near Bear Brook State Park.
Stark said a vehicle was involved in the incident and that police tracked one vehicle to a Barnstead address.
He said the women know each other and the stabbing is not a random event.
Heath is expected to be arraigned Monday afternoon in 6th Circuit Court, Hooksett District Division. She has been charged with first-degree assault.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover police say cyberstalking victim who committed suicide faced other 'stressors' - 0
- Berlin doctor enters settlement agreement for improperly prescribing drugs - 0
- Londonderry police chief probing online 'CopBlock' allegations - 1
- Exeter man charged in two 2013 burglaries - 0
- Documents say former UNH hockey coach allegedly grabbed player's jersey, helmet, and shouted in her face - 0
- Investigators ask public for help with Hernandez case - 3
- Merrimack man arrested in sexual assaults of juvenile - 0
- Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car - 1
- Keene man charged with June Central Square 'chalking' assault - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917