Home » News » Public Safety
Crash takes down live wires in Sanbornton
SANBORNTON — Bay Road near Broadview Drive was closed for about an hour Sunday morning after a pickup truck struck a utility pole, sending live wires down across the street.
The crash happened at 8:47 a.m. when a black pickup truck operated by Joseph Keith, 21, of Sanbornton, hit the utility pole.
Keith was already out of the truck walking around when police arrived. He was not injured.
Because of the live wires across Bay Road, traffic was stopped and rerouted for about an hour, while PSNH was notified. Once the live wires were cleared, the road was reopened.
The accident remains under investigation.
Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to call police at 286-7116 or 286-4323.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
- Pittsfield pizza dough company already rebuilding after fire - 0
- Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua - 0
- Police officer, firefighter team up to rescue dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Yet another must-win scenario for men's hockey team - 0
- Nashua mayor to aldermen: Don’t alter rules on city contracts - 0
- Merrimack-Trinity semifinal to be followed by Memorial-Central in Div. I basketball - 0
- Pinkerton-Londonderry rivalry set for Div. I hockey semifinal - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 0
- Parking lot study to go before Peterborough voters - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
- Board of Education to vote on Nashua North High principal - 0
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
For New Hampshire towns, it’s time to vote
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Blue shame: Obamacare's big change
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings