Home » News » Public Safety
Crash takes down live wires in Sanbornton
SANBORNTON — Bay Road near Broadview Drive was closed for about an hour Sunday morning after a pickup truck struck a utility pole, sending live wires down across the street.
The crash happened at 8:47 a.m. when a black pickup truck operated by Joseph Keith, 21, of Sanbornton, hit the utility pole.
Keith was already out of the truck walking around when police arrived. He was not injured.
Because of the live wires across Bay Road, traffic was stopped and rerouted for about an hour, while PSNH was notified. Once the live wires were cleared, the road was reopened.
The accident remains under investigation.
Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to call police at 286-7116 or 286-4323.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- 2 motorcycle riders hurt in Laconia collision - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
LNG plant put 'on hold'