Deroy Murdock: Why stop at single-payer health care?
"What we've done with Obamacare is have a step in the right direction," Senate Democrat leader Harry Reid said in an interview last August. Asked if he favored single payer, Reid told Nevada newsman Steve Sebelius: "Yes, yes. Absolutely, yes."
Single grocer: Military PX stores could be expanded so that Washington could control the delivery of everything from slab bacon to Raisin Bran. This should end loss leaders, blue-light specials, two-for-one deals, and other sneaky promotional gimmicks on the part of A&P, Safeway, Trader Joe's, and other supermarket chains. When General Foods, Maxwell House, and average farmers can ship their food to one buyer, just visualize the efficiency. The savings, naturally, would be passed on to YOU!
• Single flyer: Also called Air Force for All, this would involve the nationalization of American, Southwest, United and other airlines. Instead of all that counterproductive competition, Air Force pilots would whisk business and leisure travelers to their destinations in Air Force jets. And just imagine the fun when JFK-era B-52s could stop carrying atomic bombs and start hauling passengers.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- I-293 lane closures expected for next 2 weeks in Manchester - 0
- Another busy summer seen for I-93 construction - 2
- More in Keene paying for parking by cellphone - 0
- Feds to earmark $2M for bridge and road repairs in White Mountain National Forest - 0
- I-93 expansion moves forward in Windham as funding concerns are rising - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
The U.S. is a beacon still
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson