Deroy Murdock: Why stop at single-payer health care?
"What we've done with Obamacare is have a step in the right direction," Senate Democrat leader Harry Reid said in an interview last August. Asked if he favored single payer, Reid told Nevada newsman Steve Sebelius: "Yes, yes. Absolutely, yes."
Single grocer: Military PX stores could be expanded so that Washington could control the delivery of everything from slab bacon to Raisin Bran. This should end loss leaders, blue-light specials, two-for-one deals, and other sneaky promotional gimmicks on the part of A&P, Safeway, Trader Joe's, and other supermarket chains. When General Foods, Maxwell House, and average farmers can ship their food to one buyer, just visualize the efficiency. The savings, naturally, would be passed on to YOU!
• Single flyer: Also called Air Force for All, this would involve the nationalization of American, Southwest, United and other airlines. Instead of all that counterproductive competition, Air Force pilots would whisk business and leisure travelers to their destinations in Air Force jets. And just imagine the fun when JFK-era B-52s could stop carrying atomic bombs and start hauling passengers.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Scene in Manchester: Monsters on the loose, again - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: At Zaboo, 'You'll fit right in ...' - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene In Manchester: Tracking street crime is her game - 2
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Elm Street's resurgence includes a good workout - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Calling all area Muchachos - 0
- Scene in Manchester: Runners get ready to travel back in time - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Bootcamp takes chocolate to a new level - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Dinner offers delicious way to honor local farmers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Cyclists work to ride safely on city streets - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate