Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Man receives year in jail for raping 15-year-old customer at Windham bakery
Matthew Hand, 20, was sentenced 12 months in the county jail in Rockingham County Superior Court after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor sexual assault charge.
Judge N. William Delker also gave Hand a suspended two-to-four year prison sentence on a felony count of felonious sexual assault.
Prosecutors agreed to drop a more serious charge of aggravated felonious sexual assault in exchange for Hand's plea and giving up his right to trial.
Hand will be required to obtain sex offender treatment and will remain on probation for two years. If he violates any terms of his probation, he could be returned to jail for up to seven days, according to Delker.
Prosecutors say that Hand forced himself on the girl while the two were at a Windham bakery on May 1.
The girl went to Baked On Pastries to pick up a pie. Hand brought her into an office and told her he wanted to have sex with her, according to police.
Prosecutors said that Hand grabbed the girl by the wrist, pushed her over a sink and forced the girl to have sex in a bathroom.
The girl repeatedly told Hand that she didn't want to have sex and to stop what he was doing.
Hand later told police that the sex was consensual, court papers say.
A grand jury had initially indicted Hand on charges of aggravated felonious sexual assault and felonious sexual assault. The new misdemeanor charge was filed by prosecutors on Wednesday.
Police said Hand was arrested at Windham High School in June 2012 for criminal threatening. He was arrested for allegedly threatening another student.
In January, he was charged with disorderly conduct in connection with an argument with a school administrator.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Schedule for today's Queen City Invitational Basketball, Bauer Christmas Hockey tournaments - 0
- Nashua bomb squad deployed, people evacuated after fireworks explosion - 0
- Driver trapped by live wires after early morning crash in Bow - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Central rally stuns Memorial - 1
- NHIAA Hockey: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483