Manchester school chief touts plan to boost student scores
The goals, along with several proposed changes to the district's policy book, were presented by Superintendent Debra Livingston to the Committee on Curriculum and Instruction Tuesday.
The goals were favorably received by the committee, however, Ward 2 school board member Debra Gagnon Langton raised concerns about both their feasibility and the consequences for not meeting them.
Livingston stressed that the district would seek to achieve the goals incrementally over the next five years.
The board's strategic planning committee also contributed to forming the goals. Its chair, at-large school board member Kathy Staub, said that Livingston, who is in her first year as the district's superintendent, has shown that she can improve student performance.
"Consequence is not the word I want to use," Livingston said. "If we're not seeing the results, then we need to evaluate that and what modifications we're going to make ... If the goals are not being met, then that's a discussion the board should have with the superintendent."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Middle school student's mom says principal used chokehold - 20
- School board suspends driver's ed program in Manchester, will probe source of $180k deficit - 2
- Manchester middle school principal placed on leave - 2
- Lebanon begins search for new school superindendent - 0
- Inventor excites Manchester fourth-graders with math, science possibilities - 0
- Nashua officals tour technical education center - 0
- City fourth-graders to meet entrepreneur Dean Kamen - 0
- No 3-day weekend for kids in Manchester school system - 5
- Quarrybrook Outdoor Learning Center in Windham a hit with schoolkids - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man stole lottery tickets from Manchester store - 0
- KSC graduate in town says he aided a wounded party-goer - 0
- 48 set to be cleared after Ebola monitoring - 0
- Weare shakes its head at police department saga - 0
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 1
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
- Report: Sox may trade Cespedes - 0
- Pearson, Toffoli score in Los Angeles' win - 0
- Monarchs, UNH brace for home openers - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Monitoring social media
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy