Manchester school chief touts plan to boost student scores
The goals, along with several proposed changes to the district's policy book, were presented by Superintendent Debra Livingston to the Committee on Curriculum and Instruction Tuesday.
The goals were favorably received by the committee, however, Ward 2 school board member Debra Gagnon Langton raised concerns about both their feasibility and the consequences for not meeting them.
Livingston stressed that the district would seek to achieve the goals incrementally over the next five years.
The board's strategic planning committee also contributed to forming the goals. Its chair, at-large school board member Kathy Staub, said that Livingston, who is in her first year as the district's superintendent, has shown that she can improve student performance.
"Consequence is not the word I want to use," Livingston said. "If we're not seeing the results, then we need to evaluate that and what modifications we're going to make ... If the goals are not being met, then that's a discussion the board should have with the superintendent."
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
- Putin's freedom: Obama's weakness - 42
- Safe seats, frequent flyers - 0
- Sports volunteers: Eric Mommsen embodies the spirit - 0
- Issa drops in: Doesn't match media slant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 2
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief