Native American Art on exhibit
This 1992 bold bronze piece, titled "Abstract Crown Dancer I," by Allan Houser, is slated to be part of an exhibition this spring on campus at Dartmouth College in Hanover. Houser (1914-1994) was one of the major figures in native American art of the 20th century. The sculptor, painter and draftsman often drew on his Chiricahua Apache heritage. He worked in a variety of media, including bronze, stone and steel. Dartmouth will mark the centennial of his birth with an installation of five sculptural works in the Maffei Arts Plaza and the Hood Museum of Art gateway in May, as well as a fall exhibition of drawings in the Strauss Gallery at the Hopkins Center for the Arts.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.