Best Buddies program opens statewide office in Concord
CONCORD — The Best Buddies New Hampshire organization, which pairs kids and adults with disabilities with a friend, has opened its statewide chapter after almost three years of fundraising.
“We are so excited to finally open our doors and launch our statewide office,” said Susan Zimmermann, Best Buddies New Hampshire Advisory Board chairman. “The goal of our organization is to empower and create opportunities for friendship among people with and without disabilities. This office will help us reach a whole new world of people around our state.”
Zimmerman, whose son, Oliver, has Down syndrome, said last year that she was inspired to start a New Hampshire chapter of the program while attending a large fundraising rally in Massachusetts that annually receives the support of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.
The office, at 5 Franklin St., will be open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Staff can be reached at 856-8324 or at email@example.com. For more information, go to www.bestbuddes.org/newhampshire.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.