Hudson police to grow beards for "Winni Dip"
Officers will make a donation to the nonprofit for the rare opportunity to grow facial hair. The fundraiser will precede the Special Olympics Winni Dip and hopefully the beards will help the officers stay extra warm while jumping into the chilly waters of Lake Winnipesaukee on March 8.
A team of officers is participating in the event. Anyone interested in making a donation to Hudson police on behalf of Special Olympics New Hampshire for the Winni Dip can do so by stopping at the station at 1 Constitution Drive or online through the website: http://www.firstgiving.com/team/255714 .
To learn more about the Winni Dip and to register go to www.sonh.org .
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Former Manchester school chief Tom Brennan dies a year after he retired - 6
- Speedway, NH casino called a natural fit, track's GM says - 8
- Federal data shows which doctors reap Medicare millions - 3
- Privacy foremost at hearing on NH bill to restrict government spying, commercial use of drones - 18
- Six months later, Abigail's disappearance still a mystery - 1
- Retired judge reprimanded, told remarks were sexist - 5
- Judge issues no ruling on county attorney's suspension - 4
- Retired judge reprimanded for sexist remarks - 0
- Manchester officer cleared in domestic assault is subject of probe - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire