Hudson police to grow beards for "Winni Dip"
Officers will make a donation to the nonprofit for the rare opportunity to grow facial hair. The fundraiser will precede the Special Olympics Winni Dip and hopefully the beards will help the officers stay extra warm while jumping into the chilly waters of Lake Winnipesaukee on March 8.
A team of officers is participating in the event. Anyone interested in making a donation to Hudson police on behalf of Special Olympics New Hampshire for the Winni Dip can do so by stopping at the station at 1 Constitution Drive or online through the website: http://www.firstgiving.com/team/255714 .
To learn more about the Winni Dip and to register go to www.sonh.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Churches turn to social media to reach people - 0
- Salem church a step closer to expanded feeding capability - 0
- Beloved pastor, Citizen of the Year dies - 0
- New vicar general appointed to the Diocese of New England - 0
- Dover's St. Mary Academy gears up for annual auction, ugly sweater party - 0
- Our Corner Store in Whitefield to hold bag sale - 0
- St. Pat's announces Shoot for the Stars auction - 0
- Manchester church names music director - 0
- Catholics from NH and around world watching Vatican synod - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UMass Lowell polls show senate, gubernatorial races still a close call - 0
- Islanders make Boychuk's return a happy one with 3-2 win - 0
- Police say driver in Amherst fatal crash was traveling about 45 mph above limit - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Parolee returned to prison in 3rd protective order case - 0
- Two new tanks would sink nearly obsolete reservoir - 0
- Swanzey dog rescue seeks funds to rebuild after fire - 0
- Timberlane schools want to be better communicators - 0
- Stocks rally on better-than-expected earnings - 0
- Apple leaves door open for GT Advanced - 0
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks