Hudson police to grow beards for "Winni Dip"
Officers will make a donation to the nonprofit for the rare opportunity to grow facial hair. The fundraiser will precede the Special Olympics Winni Dip and hopefully the beards will help the officers stay extra warm while jumping into the chilly waters of Lake Winnipesaukee on March 8.
A team of officers is participating in the event. Anyone interested in making a donation to Hudson police on behalf of Special Olympics New Hampshire for the Winni Dip can do so by stopping at the station at 1 Constitution Drive or online through the website: http://www.firstgiving.com/team/255714 .
To learn more about the Winni Dip and to register go to www.sonh.org .
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Wounded veterans undertake rituals and 'soul care' - 0
- Thank a veteran on Saturday at Holderness barbecue - 0
- Theatre Under the Stars honors 'The Bard,' local fallen soldier - 0
- Family of World War I vet receives Purple Heart medal in ceremony - 0
- Struggle of returning female veterans is showcased in film playing July 29 - 0
- Mt. Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce soars - 0
- $17.6b request seeks to cover more efficient veteran care - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH veterans program targeted by 'baffling bureaucratic decision' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride