$100,000 spent, East Kingston waits for results of AG probe into police department
Jarred Brisbois allegedly broke into the evidence room and stole heroin, broke into an officer's locker, and drove a police cruiser while he was unsupervised on May 11, 2013.
The Attorney General's Office is conducting a criminal probe to determine whether any members of the police department could be held criminally liable after an inmate trusty from the county jail left alone for several hours allegedly broke into the evidence room while working at the police department.
Assistant Attorney General James Vara said Wednesday he can understand town officials' frustration, but would not say when the investigation might conclude.
After Simpson and Iannuccillo were put on leave, selectmen hired Municipal Resources Inc. to manage the police department and conduct an internal investigation. MRI was asked to look into the trusty incident and review the management of the department. Its report was recently submitted to selectmen.
"I understand they're busy, but on the other hand it's a burden to the town. It's a cost to the town, not only in money but we're without personnel. It's a stressful time," Cook said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New London voters pass municipal budget - 0
- Peterborough voters say no to cluster housing, yes to village zone - 0
- Newport voters say yes to police and DPW raises - 0
- Hooksett voters OK budget, police pact - 0
- Voters reject propane-only heating plan at Lafayette Regional School - 0
- Zoning measures against sprawl on Peterborough Town Meeting ballot - 0
- Town engineer, budget increase on Hooksett ballot - 0
- New London residents to vote on $1.17 million budget - 0
- Sanbornton to vote on cruisers, voting date - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
- Still no budget in Nashua - 0
- Nashua's Nolan stars in Fishers' win, earns promotion to Triple-A - 0
- Derry councilors discuss putting limits on skyline - 0
- Swamp Bats fall; play at home Wednesday night - 0
- Manchester restaurant closed after employee commits suicide - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law
- Should mortar-style firework sales to the public be prohibited?
- Total Votes: 1507