Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Newmarket man gets jail for seeking abuse images
Jesse Daniel McManus, 24, pleaded guilty to three counts that he attempted to download photos of children engaged in sexual acts on Dec. 5, 2007, prosecutors said.
Indictments say that McManus had sought out images of young children engaged in sexual acts.
McManus was scheduled to go on trial the week of Feb. 3 in Rockingham County Superior Court.
A recording of the interview was apparently lost by police, according to public defenders.
Dupont argued that without the recording, a jury would be led to believe that McManus made a “blanket confession” to the detective.
As part of his sentence, McManus will also be required to undergo sex offender treatment and any other counseling recommended by corrections officials. He received two other suspended prison sentences of 3 ½ to 7 years that can be imposed within the next 10 years.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 5
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief