Nearly half of Manchester schools in Innovation Zone, director says
Pat Snow, who is leaving her current job as principal of Beech Street Elementary to take the $100,000-a-year position, outlined the program to the school board's Committee on Curriculum and Instruction on Tuesday.
The city has 22 schools in total.
Snow was officially hired earlier this month to head the Innovation Zone. At the same time, she said she is "transitioning" from the Beech Street principal's job, which she took in fall 2012. Prior to that, Snow was the principal at Nashua's Amherst Street School. She resigned in the spring of 2012, indicating she wanted to pursue new opportunities.
At Tuesday's school board committee meeting, Snow was asked how much money was being spent on the Innovation Zone. She said she couldn't immediately provide an answer, but would report back to the board. email@example.com
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Shelters provide stable places to rebuild lives - 0
- School's out for voters - 3
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Tenants, landlords trumped by persistent bedbugs - 4
- Neighbors want a sound wall for a wall of highway sound - 0
- Tiny park's got no game — and few visitors - 4
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 18
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Raising a pint for science - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Downtown, it's all in the restaurant family - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.