Home » News » Public Safety
Fremont pizzeria is damaged by fire
“We dodged a bullet,” said the longtime local restaurateur who spent Thursday scrambling to get his popular pizza place reopened after fire damaged the front of the building.
Fire Chief Richard Butler said an electrical problem in the front wall likely sparked the fire, which caused minor to moderate damage.
Cleaning workers who were inside the restaurant reported the fire after smelling smoke.
Laura Schwarzer said she was cleaning along with two others who were cleaning carpets.
Fremont firefighters were assisted at the scene by fire crews from Brentwood, Exeter, and Raymond while Kingston firefighters covered the Fremont station.
Kakouris said he plans to reopen the restaurant Friday, but the lower dining area at the front will likely remain closed for about a week so repairs can be made.
Kakouris was relieved that the fire broke out at a time when the cleaners were around.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'