Home » News » Public Safety
Playtex recalls pacifier clips
That New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) said the clips, which attach a pacifier to items such as clothing, diaper bags and strollers, can crack and break off a small part, posing a choking hazard to small children.
The product is a plastic clip with a figure and a Playtex copyright logo that slides up and down to adjust the clip, a ribbon and a clear plastic ring that stretches to fit the pacifier.
It came in three different colors and designs: green with a monkey, pink with a flower, and blue with a tow truck. They were sold at major retailers from July 2010 through October 2013.
Consumers should immediately take the pacifier holders away from infants and contact Playtex toll-free at 888-220-2075 or online at www.playtexproducts.com for instructions on how to return the product for a full refund.
"Choking can be very dangerous to an infant or young child and can even lead to death," said DHHS Public Health Director Dr. José Montero. "It is very important for parents and other caregivers to keep up to date with product recalls, particularly ones that involve nursery products. It can be as easy as putting an app on your cell phone in order to receive recall information."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax