Home » News » Public Safety
Playtex recalls pacifier clips
That New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) said the clips, which attach a pacifier to items such as clothing, diaper bags and strollers, can crack and break off a small part, posing a choking hazard to small children.
The product is a plastic clip with a figure and a Playtex copyright logo that slides up and down to adjust the clip, a ribbon and a clear plastic ring that stretches to fit the pacifier.
It came in three different colors and designs: green with a monkey, pink with a flower, and blue with a tow truck. They were sold at major retailers from July 2010 through October 2013.
Consumers should immediately take the pacifier holders away from infants and contact Playtex toll-free at 888-220-2075 or online at www.playtexproducts.com for instructions on how to return the product for a full refund.
"Choking can be very dangerous to an infant or young child and can even lead to death," said DHHS Public Health Director Dr. José Montero. "It is very important for parents and other caregivers to keep up to date with product recalls, particularly ones that involve nursery products. It can be as easy as putting an app on your cell phone in order to receive recall information."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 10
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 2
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too