Home » News » Public Safety
Firefighters knock down blaze at Fremont Pizzeria
Smoke could be seen coming through a wall and ceiling area at the front of the restaurant at 431 Main St. just after 9 a.m.
The fire was spotted by cleaning workers who were inside the restaurant at the time and smelled smoke.
Laura Schwarzer said she was cleaning carpets along with two other workers.
“All of a sudden they went to use their machine and it didn’t work and they thought maybe there was a fuse that blew. But then all of a sudden we could see and smell smoke up in the ceiling so we called right away,” she said.
The fire was contained to the front dining area and was knocked down quickly. The dining area sustained some interior and exterior damage.
The restaurant, which is located across from the Ellis School, was closed at the time.
Schwarzer said she was glad they were there and noticed the fire when they did.
"If it had been at night I don't know what would have happened," she said.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Main Street in the area of the fire scene has been shut down.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 1
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll
NH senators react to Hagel resignation