Home » News » Public Safety
Firefighters knock down blaze at Fremont Pizzeria
Smoke could be seen coming through a wall and ceiling area at the front of the restaurant at 431 Main St. just after 9 a.m.
The fire was spotted by cleaning workers who were inside the restaurant at the time and smelled smoke.
Laura Schwarzer said she was cleaning carpets along with two other workers.
“All of a sudden they went to use their machine and it didn’t work and they thought maybe there was a fuse that blew. But then all of a sudden we could see and smell smoke up in the ceiling so we called right away,” she said.
The fire was contained to the front dining area and was knocked down quickly. The dining area sustained some interior and exterior damage.
The restaurant, which is located across from the Ellis School, was closed at the time.
Schwarzer said she was glad they were there and noticed the fire when they did.
"If it had been at night I don't know what would have happened," she said.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Main Street in the area of the fire scene has been shut down.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate