Hudson police officers to grow beards for 'Winni Dip'
HUDSON — Police officers will be sporting beards in February as part of a unique fundraiser, "Donate to Insulate," for Special Olympics New Hampshire.
Officers donate to the nonprofit for the rare opportunity to grow facial hair. The fundraiser will precede the Special Olympics Winni Dip and hopefully the beards will help the officers stay extra warm while jumping into the chilly waters of Lake Winnipesaukee on March 8.
Anyone interested in donating to Hudson police on behalf of the Winni Dip can do so by stopping at the station at 1 Constitution Drive or by going to firstgiving.com/team/255714 .
To learn more about the Winni Dip and to register go to www.sonh.org .
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.