Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Derry man pleads not guilty to charges of stealing flag box from transfer station
Eric Lecuyer, 42, 17L Gamache Road, entered the plea to the misdemeanor theft charge during his arraignment Thursday in 10th Circuit Court.
Police recovered the box at his residence on Dec. 9, police said.
Pinkerton Academy JROTC students installed the box on Nov. 22 in a collaborative effort with the Derry Veterans of Foreign Wars. After a certain amount of time, VFW members would come to collect the flags and properly dispose of them.
The steel box is large, about 4 feet tall and weighs from 150 to 200 pounds, according to officials.
Town officials first checked to make sure town employees, or someone from the school or local Veterans of Foreign Wars chapter hadn’t inadvertently removed the box.
After the police investigation concluded, plans called for the box to be returned to the transfer station, Lt. Col. Howie Steadman, JROTC adviser, said. The group is considering putting some security measures in place when it’s returned.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth