Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Derry man pleads not guilty to charges of stealing flag box from transfer station
Eric Lecuyer, 42, 17L Gamache Road, entered the plea to the misdemeanor theft charge during his arraignment Thursday in 10th Circuit Court.
Police recovered the box at his residence on Dec. 9, police said.
Pinkerton Academy JROTC students installed the box on Nov. 22 in a collaborative effort with the Derry Veterans of Foreign Wars. After a certain amount of time, VFW members would come to collect the flags and properly dispose of them.
The steel box is large, about 4 feet tall and weighs from 150 to 200 pounds, according to officials.
Town officials first checked to make sure town employees, or someone from the school or local Veterans of Foreign Wars chapter hadn’t inadvertently removed the box.
After the police investigation concluded, plans called for the box to be returned to the transfer station, Lt. Col. Howie Steadman, JROTC adviser, said. The group is considering putting some security measures in place when it’s returned.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal