Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Derry man pleads not guilty to charges of stealing flag box from transfer station
Eric Lecuyer, 42, 17L Gamache Road, entered the plea to the misdemeanor theft charge during his arraignment Thursday in 10th Circuit Court.
Police recovered the box at his residence on Dec. 9, police said.
Pinkerton Academy JROTC students installed the box on Nov. 22 in a collaborative effort with the Derry Veterans of Foreign Wars. After a certain amount of time, VFW members would come to collect the flags and properly dispose of them.
The steel box is large, about 4 feet tall and weighs from 150 to 200 pounds, according to officials.
Town officials first checked to make sure town employees, or someone from the school or local Veterans of Foreign Wars chapter hadn’t inadvertently removed the box.
After the police investigation concluded, plans called for the box to be returned to the transfer station, Lt. Col. Howie Steadman, JROTC adviser, said. The group is considering putting some security measures in place when it’s returned.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
- Sexual assault charge in Keene - 0
- Keene man charged with threatening Nelson teen with gun - 0
- More details released about Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
- Portsmouth man charged with two felony drug counts - 0
- Affidavits show woman was shot as feds conducted downtown Manchester drug raid - 0
- Newton man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault of 15-year-old Mass. girl - 1
- Two felony charges for alleged Portsmouth drug dealer - 0
- Nashua man arrested in violent purse snatching - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917