Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Derry man pleads not guilty to charges of stealing flag box from transfer station
Eric Lecuyer, 42, 17L Gamache Road, entered the plea to the misdemeanor theft charge during his arraignment Thursday in 10th Circuit Court.
Police recovered the box at his residence on Dec. 9, police said.
Pinkerton Academy JROTC students installed the box on Nov. 22 in a collaborative effort with the Derry Veterans of Foreign Wars. After a certain amount of time, VFW members would come to collect the flags and properly dispose of them.
The steel box is large, about 4 feet tall and weighs from 150 to 200 pounds, according to officials.
Town officials first checked to make sure town employees, or someone from the school or local Veterans of Foreign Wars chapter hadn’t inadvertently removed the box.
After the police investigation concluded, plans called for the box to be returned to the transfer station, Lt. Col. Howie Steadman, JROTC adviser, said. The group is considering putting some security measures in place when it’s returned.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council