Former Manchester superintendent Brennan diagnosed with cancer
The former school chief "is fighting for his life," said Girard, whose radio show hosted Brennan weekly.
He said Brennan, who is in his mid-60s, is being treated on an outpatient basis.
According to one school employee, people have been contacting the superintendent's office looking to mail cards to Brennan's home.
The Manchester school board selected Brennan for the superintendent post in March 2008, and he started that July. Four years later, Brennan announced his resignation plans and finished his tenure in June 2013.
In an interview with the New Hampshire Union Leader days before he left, Brennan cited extended learning programs as one of the district's most significant successes under his tenure and a reflection of his educational philosophy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 3
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 18
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 10
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth