Manchester school security focusing on fast communication
Students helped show off the new communications equipment to the visiting officials, including first responders.
Manchester, like towns and cities statewide, revisited school safety after the elementary school shootings in Newtown, Conn. The new phone-intercom project launched thanks to an estimated $500,000 allocated last year by the city, Gatsas said.
Through the bipartisan state budget passed last year, Hassan said there are two positions established in Department of Safety's Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management to provide technical assistance and grants to schools around New Hampshire.
The last legislative session saw state leaders working to improve school security in other ways. Hassan noted she signed into law a bill that includes school-security design and integration as part of the approval process for school-building aid.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- With passage of high school project, Salem district ready to roll - 0
- Bedford voters approves town budget - 0
- Auburn police contract, school renovation funding approved - 0
- 'Candidate's Night' is March 25 in Merrimack - 0
- Gilmanton library funding passes by 17 votes - 0
- Teacher's contract defeated in Newfound district - 0
- Litchfield voters reject budgets - 0
- Goffstown voters reject zoning changes, OK budgets - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
- Div. II Boys' Hockey: Bow and Bedford to meet for crown - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Londonderry moves on to title game - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run