Manchester school security focusing on fast communication
Students helped show off the new communications equipment to the visiting officials, including first responders.
Manchester, like towns and cities statewide, revisited school safety after the elementary school shootings in Newtown, Conn. The new phone-intercom project launched thanks to an estimated $500,000 allocated last year by the city, Gatsas said.
Through the bipartisan state budget passed last year, Hassan said there are two positions established in Department of Safety's Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management to provide technical assistance and grants to schools around New Hampshire.
The last legislative session saw state leaders working to improve school security in other ways. Hassan noted she signed into law a bill that includes school-security design and integration as part of the approval process for school-building aid.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Enrollments declining in Hudson, but school budget increases still expected - 0
- New NHIA president painting a picture of expansion - 0
- Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president - 3
- Students prepare to set sail at Tri-City Christian Academy - 0
- Local teacher makes trip to arctic - 0
- Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated - 7
- Scholar of the Month: Plymouth junior operates on 'full-sprint theory' - 0
- Software upgrade delays grades - 0
- Derry School Board to hold forum on Facility Needs Study - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Franklin man and woman facing charge of attempted prostitution of a minor - 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 3
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 4
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection