NH gets $3.38m for fuel assistance
Sens. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., and Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., and Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter, D-N.H., said the Department of Health and Human Services’ release of $3.384 million in Low Income Home Energy Assistance Funds funds was welcome news for families struggling to pay heating bills.
Last month, Shea-Porter called on Congress to increase the fuel assistance funding and in April, sent a bipartisan letter requesting $5.1 billion in funding for FY 2014.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'