Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Salem high school project is district's hottest topic
The deliberative session begins at 7 p.m. in the Seifert Auditorium at Salem High School.
The proposed operating budget for the 2014-15 school year is $59,427,290.
The five union contracts under consideration include a two-year contract for the teachers' union that sees no increase in salary for the first year and a 1 percent increase in the second year.
The big item on the warrant looks to be the proposed high school renovation project.
The school district is asking voters to bond just under $75 million for an extensive renovation project to Salem High School.
About $11 million for the renovation of the high school's Career and Technical Education Center will be paid for with state funds. The remainder of the project will be funded through a series of bonds.
At the height of the bond issues, there will be a little over a $300 per year on the average homeowners property tax rate, according to Superintendent Michael Delahanty.
Any citizens with questions about the deliberative session are encouraged to call the superintendent's office at 893-7040.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
- Putin's freedom: Obama's weakness - 42
- Safe seats, frequent flyers - 0
- Sports volunteers: Eric Mommsen embodies the spirit - 0
- Issa drops in: Doesn't match media slant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
- Mass. ER staffers to describe day of Boston Marathon bombings - 0
- College Roundup: UNH men ousted from hoop tourney - 0
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua