Home » News » Public Safety
Propane leak forces evacuation in Brentwood
Police and firefighters responded to Quikrete at 44 Pine Road just before 8 p.m. after a heavy odor of propane was reported.
Deputy Fire Chief Gary Raymond arrived on scene and discovered the valve open on the propane tank at the business, police Sgt. Denny Wood said.
"At that point it was leaking a large amount of propane into the air," Wood said.
Businesses on Pine Road were then evacuated, including Quikrete and Northern Elastomeric Inc.
Pine Road was shut down by Brentwood and Exeter police and additional fire crews were called in from Epping, Exeter, and Kingston.
The Lee Fire Department was also requested, but was cancelled. A firefighter was eventually able to stop the leak and the incident was brought under control around 9 p.m., Wood said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
- State police: Vermont man drove 111 mph on I-89 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw