Home » News » Public Safety
Propane leak forces evacuation in Brentwood
Police and firefighters responded to Quikrete at 44 Pine Road just before 8 p.m. after a heavy odor of propane was reported.
Deputy Fire Chief Gary Raymond arrived on scene and discovered the valve open on the propane tank at the business, police Sgt. Denny Wood said.
"At that point it was leaking a large amount of propane into the air," Wood said.
Businesses on Pine Road were then evacuated, including Quikrete and Northern Elastomeric Inc.
Pine Road was shut down by Brentwood and Exeter police and additional fire crews were called in from Epping, Exeter, and Kingston.
The Lee Fire Department was also requested, but was cancelled. A firefighter was eventually able to stop the leak and the incident was brought under control around 9 p.m., Wood said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'