Home » News » Public Safety
Propane leak forces evacuation in Brentwood
Police and firefighters responded to Quikrete at 44 Pine Road just before 8 p.m. after a heavy odor of propane was reported.
Deputy Fire Chief Gary Raymond arrived on scene and discovered the valve open on the propane tank at the business, police Sgt. Denny Wood said.
"At that point it was leaking a large amount of propane into the air," Wood said.
Businesses on Pine Road were then evacuated, including Quikrete and Northern Elastomeric Inc.
Pine Road was shut down by Brentwood and Exeter police and additional fire crews were called in from Epping, Exeter, and Kingston.
The Lee Fire Department was also requested, but was cancelled. A firefighter was eventually able to stop the leak and the incident was brought under control around 9 p.m., Wood said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal