Home » News » Public Safety
Propane leak forces evacuation in Brentwood
Police and firefighters responded to Quikrete at 44 Pine Road just before 8 p.m. after a heavy odor of propane was reported.
Deputy Fire Chief Gary Raymond arrived on scene and discovered the valve open on the propane tank at the business, police Sgt. Denny Wood said.
"At that point it was leaking a large amount of propane into the air," Wood said.
Businesses on Pine Road were then evacuated, including Quikrete and Northern Elastomeric Inc.
Pine Road was shut down by Brentwood and Exeter police and additional fire crews were called in from Epping, Exeter, and Kingston.
The Lee Fire Department was also requested, but was cancelled. A firefighter was eventually able to stop the leak and the incident was brought under control around 9 p.m., Wood said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 0
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 8
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 0
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber