Home » News » Public Safety
Propane leak forces evacuation in Brentwood
Police and firefighters responded to Quikrete at 44 Pine Road just before 8 p.m. after a heavy odor of propane was reported.
Deputy Fire Chief Gary Raymond arrived on scene and discovered the valve open on the propane tank at the business, police Sgt. Denny Wood said.
"At that point it was leaking a large amount of propane into the air," Wood said.
Businesses on Pine Road were then evacuated, including Quikrete and Northern Elastomeric Inc.
Pine Road was shut down by Brentwood and Exeter police and additional fire crews were called in from Epping, Exeter, and Kingston.
The Lee Fire Department was also requested, but was cancelled. A firefighter was eventually able to stop the leak and the incident was brought under control around 9 p.m., Wood said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
- Hampton man still in critical condition from Rte. 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Pilot OK after Lake Winnipesaukee plane crash - 0
- Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125 - 0
- Concord water main break diverts traffic - 0
- Claremont convent ravaged by fire to be razed - 0
- Hampton woman pulled from truck, in hospital after I-95 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Bruins shut out Wings
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing