Home » News » Public Safety
7-year-old boy saves grandmother from Hudson fire
A home at 11 Mobile Drive in Hudson is engulfed in flames shortly after daybreak Friday. Firefighters were called to the scene shortly before 7 a.m. (HUDSON FIRE DEPARTMENT)
A number of neighbors alerted firefighters to the fire just before 7 a.m. on Friday.
He said Carter was a hero getting out safely and helping his grandmother.
One family dog died in the fire, while two others were able to escape.
Morin said the bulk of the fire was knocked down within 20 minutes of crews arriving on the scene. He added that firefighters were able to successfully stop the fire from spreading to the rear of the home and neighboring trailers.
O'Brien said the fire points out the need for every home to have smoke detectors, as investigators said there were none inside the home.
Three adults and two children were displaced.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare