Home » News » Public Safety
7-year-old boy saves grandmother from Hudson fire
A home at 11 Mobile Drive in Hudson is engulfed in flames shortly after daybreak Friday. Firefighters were called to the scene shortly before 7 a.m. (HUDSON FIRE DEPARTMENT)
A number of neighbors alerted firefighters to the fire just before 7 a.m. on Friday.
He said Carter was a hero getting out safely and helping his grandmother.
One family dog died in the fire, while two others were able to escape.
Morin said the bulk of the fire was knocked down within 20 minutes of crews arriving on the scene. He added that firefighters were able to successfully stop the fire from spreading to the rear of the home and neighboring trailers.
O'Brien said the fire points out the need for every home to have smoke detectors, as investigators said there were none inside the home.
Three adults and two children were displaced.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 4
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
DWI license revocations
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua