Home » News » Public Safety
7-year-old boy saves grandmother from Hudson fire
A home at 11 Mobile Drive in Hudson is engulfed in flames shortly after daybreak Friday. Firefighters were called to the scene shortly before 7 a.m. (HUDSON FIRE DEPARTMENT)
A number of neighbors alerted firefighters to the fire just before 7 a.m. on Friday.
He said Carter was a hero getting out safely and helping his grandmother.
One family dog died in the fire, while two others were able to escape.
Morin said the bulk of the fire was knocked down within 20 minutes of crews arriving on the scene. He added that firefighters were able to successfully stop the fire from spreading to the rear of the home and neighboring trailers.
O'Brien said the fire points out the need for every home to have smoke detectors, as investigators said there were none inside the home.
Three adults and two children were displaced.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 43
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind