Home » News » Public Safety
7-year-old boy saves grandmother from Hudson fire
A home at 11 Mobile Drive in Hudson is engulfed in flames shortly after daybreak Friday. Firefighters were called to the scene shortly before 7 a.m. (HUDSON FIRE DEPARTMENT)
A number of neighbors alerted firefighters to the fire just before 7 a.m. on Friday.
He said Carter was a hero getting out safely and helping his grandmother.
One family dog died in the fire, while two others were able to escape.
Morin said the bulk of the fire was knocked down within 20 minutes of crews arriving on the scene. He added that firefighters were able to successfully stop the fire from spreading to the rear of the home and neighboring trailers.
O'Brien said the fire points out the need for every home to have smoke detectors, as investigators said there were none inside the home.
Three adults and two children were displaced.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
- New parking system troubles businesses in downtown Bristol - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Where you go to college could be an issue at the polls - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters