Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Candia voters approve all warrants in record-setting session
Candia Town Clerk Chris Dupere said 65 to 70 residents attended the meeting, which went quickly.
"It was over in about and hour and 4 minutes" said Dupere, "so it was a record-breaking meeting as far as the time."
The largest change was the addition of $50,000 to the budget in Article 2. Selectman Andrea Soares made the amendment.
That amount was added to the budget in anticipation of increased costs of solid waste disposal for the town and the closing of the old dump.
Several warrants included support of charitable causes including $6,807 for Rockingham County Community Action, $4,000 for the Visiting Nurse Association and $3,250 for the American Red Cross, among others.The article to fund the Smyth Public Library was passed with a budget of $133,880.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Another View - Charles Lane: Obama's wedge issue is the seductive lure of golf - 2
- Jonah Goldberg: If the Islamic State is not evil, then what is? - 4
- George Will: Will we build the Navy we need? - 1
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal urban police policies won't quell riots - 0
- Another View -- Frank Guinta: I am uniquely qualified to represent NH in Congress - 12
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test