Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Candia voters approve all warrants in record-setting session
Candia Town Clerk Chris Dupere said 65 to 70 residents attended the meeting, which went quickly.
"It was over in about and hour and 4 minutes" said Dupere, "so it was a record-breaking meeting as far as the time."
The largest change was the addition of $50,000 to the budget in Article 2. Selectman Andrea Soares made the amendment.
That amount was added to the budget in anticipation of increased costs of solid waste disposal for the town and the closing of the old dump.
Several warrants included support of charitable causes including $6,807 for Rockingham County Community Action, $4,000 for the Visiting Nurse Association and $3,250 for the American Red Cross, among others.The article to fund the Smyth Public Library was passed with a budget of $133,880.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change