Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Salem makes quick work approving budget article
A $40,362,397 town budget will appear on the ballot at the March 11 town election.
If the budget is defeated at the ballot, the default budget is set at the same as current town budget, which is $38,587,585.
Budget Committee Chairman Dane Hoover said he felt that town staff and selectmen worked well together to craft a budget that included increased health care and retirement costs.
The proposed $1,418,024 bonding for bridge reconstruction includes the replacement of bridges and one culvert at Shannon Road, Teague Drive over the Spicket River, and at Cove Road Extension over Arlington Pond.
- Adam SwiftSunday News correspondent
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
GOP for legal pot? Supporters of legalization rallying behind NH gubernatorial candidate Hemingway