Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Salem makes quick work approving budget article
A $40,362,397 town budget will appear on the ballot at the March 11 town election.
If the budget is defeated at the ballot, the default budget is set at the same as current town budget, which is $38,587,585.
Budget Committee Chairman Dane Hoover said he felt that town staff and selectmen worked well together to craft a budget that included increased health care and retirement costs.
The proposed $1,418,024 bonding for bridge reconstruction includes the replacement of bridges and one culvert at Shannon Road, Teague Drive over the Spicket River, and at Cove Road Extension over Arlington Pond.
- Adam SwiftSunday News correspondent
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
- New schedule feature will provide Nashua students with opportunities - 0
- Manchester forums will allow public to question principal finalists - 0
- Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses - 1
- Manchester education standards proposal derided at public hearing - 6
- Proposed Common Core alternative will get public review tonight - 6
- New headmaster eager to take the reins at Pinkerton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 0
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's