Home » News » Public Safety
Allenstown barn destroyed by fire
Arriving firefighters encountered heavy fire in a barn at 266 Deefield Road around 11:40 a.m.
"I saw a horse, two ponies and I believe three alpacas," Allenstown Fire Chief Dana Pendergast said. "They were all out of the barn on arrival."
Firefighters stopped the fire from spreading to the house, which was about 100 feet away. The house sustained some melted siding. Pendergast estimated damage to the 40-foot-by-60-foot barn at around $25,000.
Authorities had no cause yet for the fire, and no one was injured.
About 20 firefighters worked the fire from Allenstown, Deerfield, Pembroke, Epsom and Hooksett.
Pendergast said the property owner is listed as Robert Sowa.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it