Home » News » Public Safety
Allenstown barn destroyed by fire
Arriving firefighters encountered heavy fire in a barn at 266 Deefield Road around 11:40 a.m.
"I saw a horse, two ponies and I believe three alpacas," Allenstown Fire Chief Dana Pendergast said. "They were all out of the barn on arrival."
Firefighters stopped the fire from spreading to the house, which was about 100 feet away. The house sustained some melted siding. Pendergast estimated damage to the 40-foot-by-60-foot barn at around $25,000.
Authorities had no cause yet for the fire, and no one was injured.
About 20 firefighters worked the fire from Allenstown, Deerfield, Pembroke, Epsom and Hooksett.
Pendergast said the property owner is listed as Robert Sowa.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare shakes its head at police department saga - 1
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 4
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
- American Ambulance Service gets accreditation from industry group - 0
- Canaan man dies after vehicle falls on him - 1
- Police say party near Keene State got out of control, became 'mass casualty incident' - 19
- KSC president 'saddened and disheartened' at Pumpkin Festival mayhem - 2
- More violence at Keene - 3
- Londonderry man killed in Massachusetts motorcycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flash mob workshop will be a 'Thriller' - 0
- Former Royals slugger and current Giants scout Balboni's heart remains with San Francisco - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: The pesky problem of financing inventions - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 2
- Government thinks it's your right not to know - 0
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 3
- Two nonprofits receive a 'quick' $25,000 after pitch - 0
- Big step forward for Littleton outdoor footwear manufacturer - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Monitoring social media
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
After riots, soul-searching begins
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy