Home » News » Public Safety
Allenstown barn destroyed by fire
Arriving firefighters encountered heavy fire in a barn at 266 Deefield Road around 11:40 a.m.
"I saw a horse, two ponies and I believe three alpacas," Allenstown Fire Chief Dana Pendergast said. "They were all out of the barn on arrival."
Firefighters stopped the fire from spreading to the house, which was about 100 feet away. The house sustained some melted siding. Pendergast estimated damage to the 40-foot-by-60-foot barn at around $25,000.
Authorities had no cause yet for the fire, and no one was injured.
About 20 firefighters worked the fire from Allenstown, Deerfield, Pembroke, Epsom and Hooksett.
Pendergast said the property owner is listed as Robert Sowa.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 11
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax